Saturday, August 14, 2010

On the sew again

I have a new sewing machine and I will wax on about it in another post, but I am back to loving sewing (which means I am back to enhancing my already large material stash).

This is the second thing I've made on it - a new to me pattern that you can find here.
Well it's mostly that pattern. I have a pocket on the inside, shorter handles and a magnetic closure.


I have to say once I finished the bag didn't really impress me, until I put stuff into it.
It really comes into its own then and I love it.
This bag is going to someone else in a swap, so I will have to make myself one.
My daughter suggested brighter colours - six year olds don't find navy blue enticing... my son loves blue though and he wants to keep it.
It's a fairly simple pattern, I did enlarge it though... you might end up with a tiny bag otherwise!


No comments: